Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Baked Swai


FYI....although it's not yet officially summer on the calendar (June 21st), it is definitely summer here in SE Tennessee, 90's with high humidity.  I'm already counting down to September (I am not a fan of summer!)

When it's this hot and humid, I tend to stick to much lighter dinners and rely a lot on seafood, salads, and grilling.  The coming recipes are all repeats, but there's a handful of recipes I use over and over during these summer months.  They're my go-to entrees and side dishes I use at least once a week.

The first one is Baked Swai.  I ran across Swai a few years ago and it immediately took my #1 spot for fish choices.  While I still use tilapia, I prefer the flavor of the Swai.  When I first ran across Swai, I could only find it in one grocery store.  Now it's everywhere....thank goodness!  This is an incredibly versatile fish you can use in so many ways from simple (this recipe) to wonderfully marinated fillets.  I served this with my favorite coleslaw (to follow) and corn-on-the-cob.

BAKED SWAI (4 servings)

1 Tbsp butter or butter-flavored cooking spray
3 Swai fillets, about 6 oz each
3 Tbsp EVOO, divided
1 cup plain breadcrumbs (I prefer Panko)
S&P
lemon wedges 

Preheat oven to 350F.

Lightly butter or spray a 13x9 baking dish.  Brush Swai fillets on both sides with EVOO.  Season with S&P.  Dredge in breadcrumbs on both sides.  Arrange fillets in dish.

Drizzle 1 tsp EVOO over each fillet.  Bake until cooked through, 12-15 minutes.  NOTE TO SELF:  Even if fillet is only 1/2" thick, cook the entire 12-15 minutes.

Turn oven to broil.  Broil until crust is golden, watching closely to avoid burning, about 2 minutes.  Transfer to plates, squeeze lemon over top, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment