Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Orange Rosemary Salmon


I caught this recipe on "Home Made Simple" this last weekend. Since I serve salmon at least once a week I am always looking for something a little bit different. They're recipe calls for honey, but I substituted maple syrup. Easy, easy. And I drizzled some of the leftover marinade on the brown rice/whole grain side dish I served with it. Yummy!!! I also served a green salad of romaine, cucumber, grape tomatoes, and croutons dressed with my favorite Buttermilk Dressing. A really nice dinner. This recipe serves two.


ORANGE ROSEMARY SALMON


8 oz salmon fillet

2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice (I zested the bit of orange I juiced, about 1/4-1/2 tsp zest)

1 Tbsp maple syrup

1/2 Tbsp olive oil

about 1/2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped

S&P


Whisk the marinade ingredients together. Spray baking dish with cooking spray and place salmon fillet in dish. Pour marinade over salmon. Let sit in frig for about half an hour. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon (mine was about 3/4" and took about 15 minutes, I then turned the broiler on for a minute or two).

No comments:

Post a Comment