Friday, October 7, 2016

Fruity Curry Chicken Salad

PHOTO TO COME

For some reason, I can't get my photos from the camera to the computer.



This recipe is kind of a note to myself.  I generally just throw together a chicken salad, but this time I actually measured the amounts I used.  This is a very adjustable recipe, add more or less of what you like or don't like.  This is a great starter recipe.

FRUITY CURRY CHICKEN SALAD (makes 5-6 cups)

8-10 oz cooked chicken (about 1 1/2-2 cups), cubed or shredded
1 stalk celery, diced
1 cup grape halves
1 apple, peeled and diced
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Craisins or raisins, amount to liking, optional
1/2 cup mayo (I use half regular and half reduced-fat)
scant 1/2 tsp curry
black pepper, to taste

Mix the mayo, curry, and black pepper.

Combine the chicken through nuts (or C(raisins).  Fold in dressing.  Chill until serving time.


No comments:

Post a Comment