Monday, February 14, 2011

Carrabba's Chicken Bryan


This is a dish Jim ordered at Carrabba's a few weeks ago. It was wonderful. I found a copy-cat version on-line and decided to give it a try. My favorite part is the goat cheese, I just love it. I think I'll tweak it a bit next time I try it....this recipe (cut to Serve Two) calls for 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, I'll cut that in half next time. And instead of melting the chevre on the chicken while on the grill, I think I might try just stirring it into the tomato mixture to make a creamy tomato topping for the chicken. Either was, this is a fantastic flavor combination. I served it with steamed asparagus and my favorite Rosemary/Salt rolls from Fresh Market.
CARRABBA'S CHICKEN BRYAN (as found on food.com...this is their recipe which I'll alter next time I try it) Serves 2.
1/3 Tbsp minced garlic
1/3 Tbsp minced yellow onion
2/3 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup cold butter, sliced
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (I'll go for 1/4 cup next time)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
2 chicken cutlets (4-6 oz each)
EVOO
S&P
2-3 oz crumbled goat cheese
Saute garlic and onion in 2/3 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
Stir wine and lemon juice into skillet, increase heat to medium high, and simmer to reduce by half.
Reduce heat to low and stir in cold butter, one slice at a time.
Stir in tomatoes, basil, kosher salt, and white pepper; remove from heat; set aside. (At this point, I would add the goat cheese to melt into the tomato mixture.)
Brush chicken with EVOO & S&P.
Put chicken on grill. As soon as there are marks on one side, turn. Cover with goat cheese and close grill until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked throughout.
Plate and spoon tomato mixture over chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment