Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fried Corn with Smoked Sausage



I think the name of this dish is a bit of a misnomer.....the corn isn't really fried, simply sauteed with peppers and onions.  Regardless, it was wonderful, easy, and everything except the onions came out of my freezer!!!  I am really on a mission to use stuff up and I made a pretty good dent with this dish.

I thought I had more colored peppers than I did so mostly I used green with the one small piece of orange pepper (2 things gone!) and smoked turkey sausage (ding! one more thing gone).  Oh, and for a side dish, mashed potatoes that I had frozen (and forgotten about).

Ahhh.....such a sense of accomplishment, plus is came out wonderfully!

FRIED CORN with SMOKED SAUSAGE (serves 6)

2 Tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1" pieces
1 (16 oz) package frozen corn kernels
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp black pepper

Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat.  Cook the onion, peppers, and smoked sausage in the butter until hot, 1-2 minutes.  Add the corn and reduce heat to medium; cover and cook until the corn is tender, 5-7 minutes. 

Season with salt, powders, and pepper, toss to combine.  Serve hot.

Recipe Source:  www.allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment