Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cheese Crusted Fish

Like my new favorite fish couldn't get any better.  Holy Smokes!!!  I picked up this recipe at Publix the other day and thought I'd give it a shot with Swai.  I'm tellin' you, you cannot go wrong with this fish!  It just gets better and better.

I hope I've talked some of you into finding/trying this fish.  Good grief, it is so good!  And this recipe, well, it just puts it over the top.  I served it with creamy corn grits (also outstanding, recipe to follow) and edamames in the shell.  Absolute perfection.  All of it.

CHEESE CRUSTED FISH (serves 2)

2 swai fillets, 5-6 oz each
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 cup egg substitute, or 1 large egg, beaten
1 cup crunch Cheetos, crushed
1/2 cup Panko break crumbs
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/8 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil

Place flour on plate and eggs in a shallow bowl.  In a second shallow bowl, mix crushed Cheetos, panko, parsley, coriander, and pepper.

Dip each fillet in flour (coating both sides); shake off excess.  Dip each fillet into egg.  Finally, dip into crumb mixture (coating both sides); press with fingertips to coat evenly.

Preheat large saute pan on medium 3-4 minutes.  Place oil in pan, then add fish, cooking 3-4 minutes on each side or until goden and crisp.  Drain on paper towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment