Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Salmon with Feta and Capers


It is official!  This is my new favorite salmon recipe!  Oh WOW!  Three flavors I love: salmon, feta cheese, capers.  Who'da thunk they would come together so deliciously?  So simple and absolutely perfect.  OK, I'm ready for another serving, please. (I served this with steamed asparagus and roasted red potatoes.)

SALMON WITH FETA AND CHEESE (serves 2)

1/2 to 3/4 pound salmon filet
olive oil
1/4 to 1/2 lemon, depending on juiciness
lemon pepper seasoning
minced garlic
heaping 1/4 cup feta cheese
2 Tbsp capers

Rinse salmon and pat dry.   Place on aluminum foil (you can place the foil in a baking dish if it makes it easier for you to handle.....I'm lazy and look for easy clean-up).  Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Squeeze lemon juice over fish.  Sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper seasoning.  Sprinkle minced garlic over the top.  Spoon out capers, drain, and sprinkle across the fish. 

Use a lot of feta and capers, more than you'd think.  Lastly, lightly drizzle with olive oil again.

Bake in a preheated 375 oven.  My oven cooked this size filet in about 10 minutes, then I broiled it for about 2 minutes to help melt/brown the cheese.  My 1/2 pound filet came out perfectly with this timing.  The photos above are before/after baking/broiling.  ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment