Saturday, December 10, 2011

Garlic Orange Shrimp


Oh YUM.  Yum, yum, yum.  How simple is this dish?  As much shrimp as I have prepared and as many recipes as I have gone through over the years, this may be just about the easiest, most flavorable dish around.  It is definitely leap-frogging to the top.  We'll be eating this again and often.  I served it simply over jasmine rice and steamed asparagus.

GARLIC ORANGE SHRIMP (Serves 2-3)

12-16 oz shrimp (I used 21-25 raw, deveined shrimp)
4 tsp minced garlic
cayenne pepper (I just used a dash....use to taste)
3/4 c orange juice
3 Tbsp butter
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning

Add minced garlic, cayenne, and Old Bay to OJ.  Melt 2 Tbsp of butter on medium high heat in frying pan.  Add shrimp and cook until pink.  Remove shrimp from pan and add OJ mixture.  Add final Tbsp of butter.  Cook mixture down (approximately 5 minutes).  Add shrimp back and cook 30-60 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment