Thursday, June 21, 2012

Spinach Salad w/Sizzled Shrimp, Oranges, and Roasted Cashews


A perfect summer salad, either a main salad or a side salad.   I'm posting the recipe as I found it in the Spring 2012 issue of "Cooking Club" (www.cookingclub.com), but since I prefer my shrimp roasted, I tossed my shrimp in olive oil and black pepper, and put them under the broiler for 5-6 minutes.

SPINACH SALAD W/SIZZLED SHRIMP, ORANGES, and ROASTED CASHEWS (Serves 2)

1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Dash salt
Dash black pepper
4 cups baby spinach
1 small Belgian endive, thinly sliced
1 orange, peeled, and chopped
1/4 cup chopped fennel
1/2 tsp olive oil
8 oz shelled, deveined uncooked medium shrimp (31/35 count)
1/4 cup roasted salted cashews, coarsey chopped (I left mine whole)

Whisk vinegar, honey, mustard, S&P in a small bowl until blended.  Toss spinach, endive, orange, and fennel in a large bowl with enough dressing to lightly coat.

Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.  Cook shrimp 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently.  Spoon over greens, top with cashews.  

No comments:

Post a Comment