Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tacos with a Twist


I ran across a different taco-idea "recipe" some time ago.  I tucked the recipe away and ran across it the other day when I was organizing my files.  Below are some ideas to help you think outside the box.  It just so happened I had everything on hand and the changes were just delicious!

Hard or soft flour or corn tortillas
Shredded chicken (I used the leftovers from my Mojo Rotisserie Chicken)
Cheese:  Try something different, we loved Feta and Goat Cheeses
Cilantro
Taco Sauce or sprinkle on some hot sauce
Refried beans (I use one can of refried beans, mix in half a can of enchilada sauce, some diced onions, cheddar/Mexican blend/ or Italian blend cheese, bake at about 375 for about half an hour.....smeared some on the taco shells, ate some on the side)
Shredded cabbage
Lime wedges
Diced tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment