Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teriyaki Fried Rice


This is a basic recipe I keep around.  I always have everything on hand and can make this dish in minutes.  I will alternate chicken with shrimp and use whatever vegetables I have on hand.  I'll list the recipe as I made it last night, but you could absolutely change the meat/vegetables to your liking.  Whenever I make jasmine or brown rice, I make extra and pop it in the freezer so I always have it on hand to make this dish.  I keep frozen potstickers in the freezer and serve it alongside.

TERIYAKI FRIED RICE (Serves 2-3)

2-3 cups cooked rice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 pound chicken, thinly sliced, or shrimp, shelled and deveined
2-3 green onions, chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1/2 to 1 cup sugar snap peas, fresh or frozen (you could use peas)
1/2 small red pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 cup SOY VAY VERI VERI Teriyaki Sauce (you can use another brand, but this stuff is simply the best!)

Over medium-high heat, stir the chicken or shrimp until fully cooked in 1/2 Tbsp olive oil.  Remove from pan.  Add the rest of the olive oil and saute green onions, carrots, and red pepper over medium heat for 5 minutes.  Stir in peas, rice, and shrimp or chicken.  Pour in the teriyaki sauce and stir to distribute evenly.  Cook another few minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment