Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream


I now officially have found my favorite sauce for salmon.  And I am shocked because I never, ever would have thought I'd even try Sriracha again.

I know for many people Sriracha is a staple, but for me it's just way too spicy.  So, again, I'm shocked that I even looked twice at the recipe but I'm so glad I did.

The sauce is so simple....three ingredients: mayo, Sriracha, and sweetened condensed milk.  SCM....really?!!!  But it, in such a small amount, really tames the hot sauce and allows it's flavor, not heat, to come through.  Of course if you decide to try it, start out with just a few drops and keep adding until you reach the desired heat-level (I probably used less than a quarter of what is called for).

As far as the salmon and teriyaki, you can either use the teriyaki recipe below or just marinade the salmon in your own.  By using your own, you can have about a 5 minute prep time for this incredible entree, including the sauce.  You could serve this over rice and a side of asparagus would be nice.  Just try the salmon with this sauce!!!

TERIYAKI SALMON with SRIRACHA CREAM (serves 2)

For the teriyaki sauce:
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp honey

For the Sriracha Cream:
1/2 cup mayo
2-3 Tbsp Sriracha, or to taste
1 1/2 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk

2 (4-6 oz) salmon filets, skin removed
chopped green onions or chives for garnish, optional

In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, Sriracha, and sweetened condensed milk.  Set aside.

For the teriyaki sauce, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl and set aside.  In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey, and 1 cup of water.  Bring to a simmer, and then stir in cornstarch mixture.  Let simmer until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.  Remove from heat and let cool to room temp.

Place salmon filets in a baking dish or ziplock bag and cover with the cooled teriyaki.  Let marinate at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.

Preheat oven to 400F, and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.  Serve over rice (if desired) with a spoonful of Sriracha cream sauce.

Recipe Source: www.thedoughwillriseagain.com

No comments:

Post a Comment