Friday, July 11, 2014

Mexican Baked Fish


Another apology for my poor photography skills, but if you are a fish love, especially cod, you have got to try this incredibly simple recipe which you're likely to have all of its ingredients on hand.

I have always adored cod but I couldn't tell you the last time I used it.  I used frozen fish and it came out wonderfully (and very affordable.....I'm so glad we're fish and chicken eaters with beef prices going through the roof).

Again, the dish is hard to make out in this photo.  But you simply place a piece of cod, top it with some salsa, cheddar (I didn't measure either of these, just eye-balled it), and corn chips (I found some great corn chips with flax seed at our local Seventh Day Adventist market) and baked it.  The recipe calls to top it with sliced avocados and sour cream but since Jim doesn't like plain avocados, I topped it with guacamole.  I served it with the last of the Chorizo and Black Bean Rice (see 6-12-14 post) I had in the freezer and a simple green salad (with more of those great corn chips in lieu of croutons).  Prep time is almost zilch and it bakes in about 15 minutes.

MEXICAN BAKED FISH (4 servings)

4 (4-6 oz) cod fillets
1/2 - 1 cup salsa
1/2 - 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
2-4 Tbsp cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 400F.  Lightly grease baking dish which will fit your 4 fillets.

Rinse fish fillets under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.  Lay fillets side by side in the prepared baking dish.  Pour the salsa over the top and sprinkle evenly with the cheese.  Top with the crushed corn chips

Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven for 15 minutes (15-20 minutes in the NuWave) or until fish is opaque and flakes with a fork.  Serve topped with sliced avocado and sour cream.

Recipe Source: www.allrecipes.com




No comments:

Post a Comment