Saturday, March 25, 2017

City Cafe Oriental Chicken Salad


There is a restaurant (actually three) here in Chattanooga that Jim and I used to go to every single Sunday morning.  This place has the most incredible, diverse menu and, for me, the selling point was that you can order anything on the menu 24 hours a day (and for someone not overly fond of breakfast foods, this is a blessing to me).  Anything.  Feeling like fried catfish at 7 a.m?  No problem.  Eggplant Parmesan at 9 a.m?  No problem.  Any breakfast item you like, but of course!  And a salad?  Absolutely!

I love their salads.  And their portions are ginormous.  I would generally get three meals out of one salad.

So this really isn't a recipe, but ingredients to make up a great salad.  They offered the salad with the basic restaurant salad dressings, but I used a recipe for a teriyaki vinaigrette I found somewhere on line (I Googled it again, but couldn't find it.  But there are a handful of different recipes you can use if you want).

So here's what I put in my salad.  You can see the City Café menu at the link below.

CITY CAFE ORIENTAL CHICKEN SALAD

Lettuce (Romaine, Mixed Greens, Iceberg, your choice)
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Sauteed sliced onions and green and/or red peppers, cooled to room temp
Strips of boneless, skinless chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce (I use Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce), grilled
Roasted red pepper strips
Hard-boiled eggs
Toasted slivered almonds

Salad Dressing of your choice

Recipe Idea Source: City Cafe Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment