Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Louis Salad Dressing


Whenever Publix has their lump crab meat on sale (BOGO, half-price!) I always grab a couple of containers to make one of my favorite salads!  Looking at different salad recipes, you can add whatever toppings you like.  On this one I used romaine, Campari tomatoes, black olives, asparagus, and a hard-boiled egg.

But this is about the salad dressing.  I ran across this years ago in the South Beach Diet book.  I could drink this stuff!  Quick and easy to make, it's good on any salad.

LOUIS SALAD DRESSING

1/2 cup mayo (I use half regular and half reduced-fat)
2 Tbsp chili sauce
1 Tbsp grated onion
1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 Tbsp cream or half-and-half
hot sauce, to taste
S&P, to taste

Blend together.  Let stand a few hours to allow flavors to meld.

Recipe Source: The South Beach Diet, 2003, p. 226

No comments:

Post a Comment