Saturday, August 28, 2010


FIRST POST!!!!

Greetings from the Fulton household. This is the intial launch of "TheFultonGirls" blog! Since I only have one photo of one of the girls, you get this one of our newest addition, little Lindie Lou Fulton, aka Trouble. Granted, not the best photo, but as I get better at this, I promise you'll see them all in all their glory!


"The Girls" are our family. My wonderful husband Jim and I (Kay) have three dogs and, alas, one last cat, Pauline, now 15 1/2 years old. When Jim and I met, I had FIVE cats, all with wonderful and unique personalities except for, alas, Pauline. Hers seemed to have gotten lost in the mix. Unfortunately, she has chosen to cling mainly to Jim or, more precisely, his feet.


Our "Jewels in the Crown" are our seniors, Spot and Muffin, dumped out in the middle of nowhere in San Antonio on 4th of July weekend, just 5 or 6 weeks old. Jim brought these two (temporarily) timid balls of fur, dirt, worms, and fleas. It didn't take long for them to work their way into our hearts. Eleven years later, they may be slowing down physically, but every single day, they find a way to dig even deeper. They are the poster children for the term "Man's Best Friends."


Last October we decided it was time to bring more joy into our home so off we went to our local animal shelter, the Humane Education Society of Chattanooga. I knew it was going to be difficult to go in and pick out just ONE soul to save. It was. I wish I could have helped everyone of them. But we picked the one who appeared the most scared. And I mean scared. She was crouched in the corner of the kennel just trembling. When we got her home, it wasn't much better.


We went round and round trying to come up with a name, calling her dozens of names (all nice!), but nothing never really clicked. One day, I was calling the girls to go out and called out "Come on, Little New Doggie." Jim said, "That's it! LINDIE (LNDie)." It took her MONTHS to start to feel comfortable in the house, and longer to become comfortable with us. For Jim, the trick was ice cream. Once he fed her a spoonful, she was his! They are now best buddies.


So that's the Cliff Notes of The Fulton Girls. Now let me get to work on those photos! You have to meets these bundles of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment