Saturday, November 5, 2011

Black Bean and Corn Salad


Yep, another black bean and corn salad recipe!  Can you tell we eat a lot of this stuff around here?  I will generally just throw the basic ingredients together, but this time I used an official recipe, courtesy of Rachel Ray.  I served this with my Power Enchiladas (a chicken/zucchini mixture) instead of my traditional Spanish Rice and seasoned black beans or refried beans.  And the leftovers make a wonderful, healthy snack.

BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALAD (serves 4)

1 (14 1/2 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 small red pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 small red onion, chopped small
1 1/2 tsp cumin (more for me!)
2 tsp hot sauce, or to taste
1 juicy lime, juiced
2 Tbsp EVOO
S&P

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Let stand for 115 minutes for corn to fully defrost and flavors to combine, then toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment