Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thai Chicken (or Shrimp) Noodle Salad


I recently ordered a salad at PF Chang's which was right up my alley.  I've made several very close this one, this just had a few extras which I hadn't used before.  I made egg-drop soup to go along with this, but egg rolls would be another great idea.

THAI CHICKEN (or SHRIMP) NOODLE SALAD (Serves 3-4)

8 oz shredded iceberg lettuce
4 oz rice noodles, cooked
8 oz cooked chicken or shrimp (marinated in the dressing)
1-2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 green onions, sliced, white and green parts
1/4 to 1/2 fresh mango, diced
3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
4 baby carrots, sliced into matchsticks
cilantro, to taste
chopped peanuts, to taste

Dressing: (I only used about half of this)
6 Tbsp soy sauce
6 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
6 tsp chili garlic sauce
3 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp oil 

Whisk all of the ingredients together for the dressing.  Mix all of the salad ingredients and dress with the dressing. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment