Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Breakfast


Happy post-Christmas, friends!  I meant to get this up yesterday, but just kept forgetting.  Do you have a Christmas breakfast tradition?  My family never did, but Jim's family had what I always thought was a quite unique tradition:  ham and scrambled eggs with.....ready?......lima beans, tomatoes, dinner rolls and (drumroll.....) watermelon rind pickles!  (Get the theme?  Red and green for Christmas.)

Well, I've done real good these past 16 years on the pickle part, but this year I waited until the last minute and my local markets don't carry them.  But it won't happen again.  I can get them on-line and as you can imagine, they will last for just about forever in the frig.  We did, however, update from lima beans to edamame and from eggs to Egg Beaters.  It is, actually, a very nice healthy, tasty breakfast and a lovely way to start your Christmas Day (and another notch on my ham-belt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment