Sunday, April 6, 2014

Mustard Shrimp


We are a mustard-lovin' household here so when I ran across a recipe called "Mustard Shrimp," I knew I had to take a second look.

Just five ingredients taking minutes to mix.  Marinade for several hours, then grill for just a few minutes on each side.  I would definitely go as big on the size of shrimp as you can afford (I used 31-40s and I would have preferred a larger size).  Also, watch carefully so you still get a moist shrimp, not one that's overcooked and dry.  You deinitely have to like mustard and horseradish, but neither flavor is overwhelming.  It's a perfect blend.

MUSTARD SHRIMP (4 servings)

1 pound large shrimp, uncooked

Marinade:
1/4 cup dijon
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp prepared horseradish
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil

Shell shrimp.  Leave tails on.

Mix all marinade ingredients together in a quart-sized ziplock bag.  Add shrimp and mix well.  Chill for several hours, turning the bag periodically.

Drain marinade.  You can skewer the shrimp if you like or grill individually.

Grill 6-10 minutes (depending on shrimp size), turning once.

No comments:

Post a Comment