Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sauteed Carrots


As far as vegetables go (which I love), when I prepare them as a side dish, I generally prefer a simple steamed vegetable with maybe a bit of butter, S&P.  But every once in a while, I like to step outside the bounds and add a little something.

Granted, there's not too much extra in this dish but I will say that (to me) the balsamic vinegar really made these carrots pop.  But I will also say that since I am use to using fresh herbs, my hand may have gotten a tad heavy on the dried oregano....I should have started small then added (a good rule of thumb on most things when it comes to cooking).  Anywho.....if you are a fan of cooked carrots, give these a try.

SAUTEED CARROTS (6 servings)

3 Tbsp EVOO
2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2" slices
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp kosher salt
black pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium-low heat.  Add carrots, sugar, and oregano.  Sprinkle with S&P.

Cook, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until carrots are tender and slightly browned, 7-8 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.

Recipe Source:  Relish Magazine, August 2014, p. 5

No comments:

Post a Comment