Friday, May 13, 2016

Classic Peanut Butter Cookies


A friend asked me a few weeks ago if I would make some peanut butter cookies for her.  It has been years since I've made PB cookies so I went to my go-to recipe source (AllRecipes) for a traditional recipe.

I haven't made them because it's one of the few cookies Jim just doesn't really care for.  But when I made them, I remembered it's one of the few that I do like.  If you are a peanut butter cookie fan, this is the recipe you'll remember from your mother and grandmother.

A note:  I would suggest going to the link below and reading some of the reviews for the recipe.  Many of the people suggested adding additional flour and peanut butter.  I did end up adding 1/4 cup each.  I'll post the recipe as published on the website.

CLASSIC PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES (makes 2-3 dozen cookies)

1 cup butter
1 cup crunchy peanut butter (1 1/4+ for me)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups AP flour (2 3/4 for me)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 baking soda

Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars together in a bowl; beat in eggs.

In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into butter mixture.  Refrigerate dough 1 hour or overnight.

Roll dough into 1" balls and put on baking sheets.  Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern.  Bake in a preheated 375F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.

Recipe Source:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/10275/classic-peanut-butter-cookies/?internalSource=search%20result&referringContentType=search%20results

No comments:

Post a Comment