Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Potato Tarragon Soup

This recipe came from a restaurant I worked at in Minnesota (boy! this woman had some terrific recipes!) I have to smile thinking there are leftovers waiting in the frig! This is such an elegant, sophisticated-tasting soup. If you like lighter potato soups, I really hope you'll try this. The leeks and tarragon simply put this soup over the top. POTATO TARRAGON SOUP

3 Tbsp butter (I used one)


2 leeks (white and pale green parts only) sliced


1 small onion, chopped


4 garlic cloves, minced


2 Tbsp water


1/2# red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/2" pieces (use 1# if you like a thicker soup)


4 cups chicken broth


1 tsp dried tarragon (I used 1 Tbsp freshly chopped)


1/2 c whipping cream (I used half-and-half)


1/2 cup plain WHOLE yogurt (fat-free will curdle)



Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add leeks, onion, garlic, and water. Cook until leeks are just golden, about 10 minutes. Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.


Puree half of the soup. Return puree to soup pot. Mix in tarragon. Cool slightly. Stir in cream and whisk in yogurt (I didn't whisk this time and had a few clumps).


Season with S&P. SERVES 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment