Monday, April 18, 2011

Salmon Nicoise

Talk about perfect timing. Don't you just love it when the dinner you prepare just hits the spot??? This was tonight. A different version of Tuna Nicoise. So easy, lovely presentation, and simply delicious. There really isn't even a recipe. The one difference I made (and it was a big one!) was to use arugula instead of mixed greens. And Hericot Verts (french green beans). You could certainly use (and I have) regular green beans, but if you cook these hericot verts just right (I buy packages in my produce section and microwave them for about 2 1/2 minutes where they are still crisp-tender), they have a lovely sweetness to them. Oh my! All of these flavors came together so nicely. Here's what I did: A bed of arugula dressed in a basic vinaigrette (I used Julia Child's recipe, see previous post) One red potato (per serving) cooked (I baked), and sliced One boiled egg, sliced Diced tomatoes (I always use grape tomatoes, halved) A handful of hericot verts One piece of salmon, about 4 oz per serving (I marinated a piece in the vinaigrette, then baked, 350 degrees, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness) Anchovies (optional) Lemon wedges (optional) Then just drizzle the vinaigrette over the entire plate. OH SO GOOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment