Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Creamy Mexican Chicken


Here is one YUMMY dish for leftover shredded chicken.  I had bought a rotisserie chicken a few days ago, and also had some leftover Spanish rice and refried beans I needed to use up.  I did a search on-line and found this recipe which is really a crock-pot recipe using uncooked chicken breasts.  But I just used my shredded rotisserie chicken, put it in a pot with the rest of the ingredients, enough to melt the cream cheese (1/3 less fat, by the way), then baked it for about half an hour at 350.  Absolutely delicious.  Keeper.

CREAMY MEXICAN CHICKEN (serves 2-3)

1 cup shredded, cooked chicken
1/2 can (15 1/2 oz) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup frozen corn
3 oz sliced, drained, rinsed black olives
1/4 onion, diced
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
1/4-1/2 cup salsa, depending on your choice, hotness or chunkiness
4 oz cream cheese
1 Tbsp taco seasoning

OK, this one I simply winged.  I put all this stuff together in a sauce pan and lightly heated until the cream cheese melted (again, I used the reduced-fat cream cheese).  Then, I put it in a small (1 quart? 1 1/2) baking dish and baked at 350 for half an hour.   Perfection!!!!  Serve with Spanish rice and refried beans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment