Thursday, May 31, 2012

Roasted Cod w/Snow Peas and Tarragon Sauce


First, please forgive me for the long absence.  I've just been sick for several weeks and just about the only thing I've made in the last few weeks is broth.  Okay, maybe some saltines with that.  And sleep.  Sleep Sleep Sleep!!!  I think I've finally turning the corner and last night I made (and ate) the first "solid" food I'd had in quite a while.  And it were good!!!!  I also made some cheese soup to go along with this that I'll post next.  

I love cod.  It's such a nice, mild fish that you can manipulate in just about anyway you want.  Here's a good one.

ROASTED CODE W/SNOW PEAS AND TARRAGON SAUCE (serves 3)

1/4 cup + 2 T onions, diced
1 T + 1 tsp butter
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp white wine
3/4 tsp dried tarragon
3/4 cup clam juice or fish stock
3/4 cup half & half
2 Tbsp + 1 tsp flour
3/4 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp mustard
S&P
(sliced red peppers, garnish, optional)

3 cod fillets, 4-6 oz
3-4 oz snow peas, stemmed and stringed

Preheat oven to 400F.  To prepare sauce, saute onions in butter for 2-3 minutes.  Add white wine and tarragon, and cook over medium high heat for 3 minutes.  Whisk together clam juice, half & half, and flour.  Add to the wine and tarragon mixture in the pan.  Continue stirring over medium high heat until the mixture reaches a simmer.  Reduced heat to low, and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.  Whisk lemon juice and mustard into sauce.  Season to taste with S&P.

Arrange cod fillets in a buttered baking dish.  Sprinkle w/S&P and drizzle a little white wine over the fillets.  Bake the dish in the 400F oven for approximately 10 minutes  or until it tastes done.  When the fish is ready, add snow peas to the remaining sauce.  Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minutes longer.

Arrange the fish on serving plates.  Top each cod fillet with sauce and snow peas...  garnish with sliced red peppers, optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment