Sunday, May 13, 2012

Curried Shrimp w/Wilmington Green Rice


If you love shrimp and if you love a creamy curry sauce, this one is for you!  Absolutely mouthwatering wonderful.  I could just drink this sauce.  And the rice recipe simply sends it over the top.  I am so glad I have some leftovers in the frig!!!!  The rice recipe doesn't say how many servings it would make, I halved it and it was good for two.  So I'm guessing four servings for the rice.    I wish I would have made the whole recipe.  The shrimp recipe I'm posting says it serves eight, but I would guess it's closer to six.  Published in the Chattanooga Times-Fress Press on 5-2-12.

WILMINGTON GREEN RICE 

1 cup raw rice (jasmine rice works well)
2 eggs, well beaten
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 Tbsp grated onion
1/2 cup minced parsley
2/3 cup minced raw parsley (I used arugula)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/4 tsp salt

Prepare rice to make 3 cups fluffy cooked rice.  While still warm, carefully stir in remaining ingredients.  Pour into greased  and floured (I used Pam Baking Spray) 2 quart (8") casserole dish.  Bake at 325 about 45 minutes.   Serve hot with curried shrimp.

CURRIED SHRIMP

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp curry powder, or to taste
4 cups milk (I used 1%)
2 tsp lemon juice or sherry (or a Tbsp each of lemon juice AND sherry)
2# cleaned, cooked shrimp

Melt butter over low heat in heavy saucepan.  Blend in flour, salt, pepper, and curry powder.  Stir until mixture is bubbly.

Remove from heat.  Stir in milk.  Bring to boil, stirring constantly.  Cook until thickened.

Just before serving, blend in lemon juice, sherry (if using) and shrimp.

Serve over green rice.    


No comments:

Post a Comment