Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chart House Bleu Cheese Dressing


For me, this is the standard of Bleu Cheese salad dressings.  I have to be honest, I have never used another recipe since this is what bleu cheese dressing should be, at least in my opinion.  Many decades ago, living in California, I used to eat at the Chart House restaurant.  Imagination my amazement when I asked for and received their recipe for my favorite salad dressing.  I have yet to find another restaurant who will share their recipes.

A note, this really needs to be made at least a day ahead to let the flavors come to full fruition.  Believe me, it is worth the wait.

CHART HOUSE BLEU CHEESE DRESSING (makes about 2 1/2 cups)

Place in mixing bowl:

3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
scant 1/2 tsp salt
scant 1/3 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Blend 2 minutes at low speed.  Add:

1 1/3 cup mayo

Blend 30 seconds at low speed.  Then blend 2 minutes at medium speed.  Crumble:

4 oz bleu cheese by hand into very small pieces

Add to mixture.  Blend at low speed, no longer than 4 minutes.

Allow to rest for 24 hours before using.

Recipe Source:  Chart House Restaurant, Monterey, California

No comments:

Post a Comment