Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Salmon with Bacon and Balsamic Vinaigrette


Just when I thought I had run the gamet of salmon recipes, I ran across this one.  I gotta admit....I was a bit leary.  Baking at 400F for 20-25 minutes?  Isn't that just the recipe for the driest baked salmon you'll ever have????   Somehow, not here.  It works.  And it is delicious.

Is it the bacon or is it the vinaigrette?  Couldn't tell you.  I just know it comes out right (and any leftover vinaigrette makes a fantastic salad dressing).  I served it with some fresh  steamed asparagus and a wonderful couscous salad (see post tomorrow).  Perfect dinner.

SALMON with BACON and BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE (Serves 2-4)

2 (6-8 oz) salmon fillets
4 slices thick cut bacon
1/2 cup EVOO 
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup dark brown sugar

In a small mixing bowl, whip together the EVOO, balsamic vinegar, garlic, S&P, and brown sugar until creamy.

Place the salmon in a shallow baking dish and cover the salmon on both sides with the vinaigrette.

Cut the bacon slices in half and top the salmon with the bacon slices.

Bake in the oven at 400F for 20-25 minutes or util bacon begins to crisp (I turned the broiler on for the last few minutes to crisp it).

Remove from the oven and let set for 10 minutes.

Recipe Source:  www.mizhelenskitchenrecipes.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment