Saturday, October 5, 2013

Chipotle Honey Glazed Salmon Tacos


Well, it's been a while since I've had one of my favorite meals: Fish or Shrimp Tacos.  And then I ran across this recipe and realized I'd never used salmon before.  Duh!!!  Why not?  One of my favorite dishes with a favorite seafood I try to eat at least once a week.  What a perfect combination!

You could certainly use any fish or shrimp, but this is quite a hearty glaze, perfect for a full-flavored seafood like salmon.  I served this with the Crunchy Coleslaw (see 9-18-13 post), but added a bit of sesame oil to the vinaigrette to give it that Asian flavor.  And since I had bagged cole slaw mix, I just used some of that (undressed) for the tacos.

CHIPOTLE HONEY GLAZED SALMON TACOS (serves 4)

1/4 cup honey
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp chipotle powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika (I used smoked paprika)
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro
1 pound salmon fillet, skinned
8 corn tortillas
1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup green cabbage, shredded
1 cup mango salsa (recipe below)

Preheat grill to medium high or oven to 400F.

In a small bowl, whisk the honey, lime juice, chipotle powder, cumin, paprika, and cilantro together.

Place the salmon in a foil "basket" and cover with the glaze.

Place the salmon on the grill or into the oven for about 30 minutes.

Shred the salmon with a fork and place into a warm corn tortilla.

Top with a drizzle of the glaze, mango salsa, and cabbage.

MANGO SALSA

1 mango, diced
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
1 lime, juice

Add the mango and tomato to a small bowl.

Add the onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.

Squeeze the lime juice over the top and mix together.

Recipe Source:  www.littleleopardbook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment