Saturday, May 24, 2014

Cheesy Corn Salad


This is just about as quick and simple as you can get and results in a delightful combination of crunch, creaminess, color, and texture.  An absolutely perfect summer side salad when your herbs are in abundance and summer corn is at its sweetest.

There were no amounts listed in this "quickie" recipe, so what I'm showing below is what I used.  Certainly adjust everything to you liking.  I would suggest using bi-color corn (aka Peaches & Cream) simply for presentation purposes, although all yellow or all white won't make a difference in taste.  Also, I personally preferred this warm, mixing just after the kernels are steamed (although I didn't let the chilled leftovers go to waste!)

CHEESY CORN SALAD (4-6 servings)

3 ears of corn
EVOO
2 Tbsp thinly sliced basil
1/3 to 1/2 cup goat cheese

Cut kernels off of cob and steam (I used my microwave steamer and cooked for 2 1/2 minutes.....I like my kernels still crunchy).  Toss with olive oil.  Add basil and goat cheese.  Serve warm or chilled.

Recipe Source:  Every Day with Rachel Ray magazine, May 2014, p. 7 of included pamphet

No comments:

Post a Comment