Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Guacamole


The primary reason I started this blog was to keep track of my own personal menus and recipes.  While there are many variations of guacamole, this is my standard recipe I almost always fall back on.  When avocados are on sale I stock up.  I love them on sandwiches and in salads {even on their own}, but as they start to over-ripen, I always use the leftovers for guacamole. 

So this isn't so much a recipe as a guideline, at least for myself.  If avocados are pricey, you can stretch the spread by adding some mayo or cottage cheese.  If you are a cilantro afficionado, mince some up to add to the dip.

Quantities are to your taste.  I have just five ingredients I generally use.  Adjust them to suit your tastes.

GUACAMOLE

Avocado(s)
prepared salsa
finely minced sweet onion
freshly-squeezed lime juice
salt

Mash the avocados to your liking (very smooth or chunky).  Add other ingredients, stir to combine. 

For storing, squeeze additional lime juice to avoid dip turning brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment