Saturday, June 7, 2014

Chicken Herb Sandwich





Publix has done it again.  Honestly, just when I think I've found my favorite demo-ed recipe, they come up with something that just goes over the top.  They served this with a slaw (which I will post tomorrow) and I couldn't decide which I liked better: the sandwich or the slaw.  Really, these two are fantastic!

Their recipe calls for using ciabatta rolls, but they were using their store bakery French hamburger buns which have a crusty outside and chewy inside, just like a good ciabatta.  Also, they call for using a deli rotisserie chicken, but I made that wonderful Rosemary Baked Chicken (see 4-29-14 post) in the NuWave.  Also, it calls for Swiss cheese, but I used smoked provolone.

These are made open-faced.  Again, I used the NuWave so I didn't heat up my kitchen on a hot summer evening.  The ciabatta rolls this recipe calls for must be a pretty good size, because the directions call to cut them in half which each half constitutes a full serving.  I simply used two of the French hamburger buns and served a full sandwich to each of us.

CHICKEN HERB SANDWICHES (6 servings)

1 deli rotisserie chicken
1/4 cup light mayo
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning herb paste (found in most produce deparments...it comes in a tube and the brand name found here is "Gourmet Garden")
3 bakery ciabatta rolls, sliced
4 oz sliced mushrooms (1 cup)
1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
3 (1 oz) slices Swiss cheese

Prep:
Preheat oven to 400F.
Shred chicken (breast only) into large pieces (2 cups)

STEPS:
Cut ciabatta rolls in half.  Combine mayo and herb paste, spread 1 Tbsp evenly over both sides of rolls and place on baking sheet.  Divide chicken evenly over bottom halves of rolls.  Top remaining upper halves of rolls with mushrooms, spinach, and cheese.

Bake sandwiches (open-faced) 10-12 minutes or until chicken is hot and mushrooms are tender.  Assemble sandwiches; cut each in half.  Serve.

Recipe Source:  www.publix.com/aprons

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! You make me want to create in the kitchen! Terra

    ReplyDelete