Sunday, June 29, 2014

Teriyaki Maple Salmon


This is going to be the shortest ingredient list I have ever posted.  Talk about easy:

2 parts teriyaki sauce (I only use Soy Vay brand)
1 part pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B, but Grade A would work fine)
salmon filet(s)

That's it.  Here's what I did:

I used a one 8 ounce salmon filet with 2 Tbsp of teriyaki and 1 Tbsp of maple syrup.  I kept the skin on the filet and marinated the salmon with sauce/syrup mixture for a couple of hours.

When ready to cook, use whatever heat source you would like to do at the time: grill, bake, broil.  I used my NuWave :) (keeping my kitchen cool).  I recommend cooking the salmon in some type of vessel so you can baste it when you turn it, thereby keeping the salmon moist.  In the NuWave, I cooked my 1" center-cut filet 6-7 minutes (skin-side up) then turned it, basted it, and cooked it for another 5 minutes.  It came out perfectly moist and flaky (I also cooked at the same time about 1/2 pound of trimmed, thin asparagus spears drizzled with EVOO & S&P for 6 minutes on the 4" rack).  An ear of corn-on-the-cob (husk and silk removed, covered in a paper towel and microwaved {2 ears} for 5 minutes) and dinner was on the table in just over 10 minutes with a cool kitchen, to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment