Thursday, July 9, 2015

Rosemary Orange Chicken


Holy Smokes!!!  This is so good!!!  

I gotta be honest.  I have really become so tired of skinless, boneless chicken breasts.  I've amped up my fish/seafood dishes and even added a few pork/beef dishes because I was beginning to feel that if I saw another SBCB, I'd pull my hair out.  

So if you're in the same boat (and even if you're not), you have to try this.  The dichotomy of sweet (maple syrup) and savory (fresh rosemary) elevates this dish to a whole new level.

Serve this simply (I put it on top of jasmine rice) so the chicken itself will shine.  Since we're still getting fabulous, sweet (and cheap) corn-on-the-cob and our cucumber vines must think they're steroids, I served this with simple corn-on-the-cob and my two favorite cucumber salads,  but generally I would simply serve it with a green vegetable/salad.   Also, I'm listing the recipe as published (thank you, again, Publix) but I used 2 four-ounce chicken cutlets and then halved the sauce recipe.  Perfection.

 Regardless, just try the chicken!!!!

ROSEMARY ORANGE CHICKEN  (4 servings)

1 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/4 cup pure  maple syrup (not pancake syrup)

Preheat large saute pan on medium 2-3 minutes.  Season chicken with S&P (wash hands).  Place oil then butter in pan, then add chicken, cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned.

Add chicken broth to chicken and cover; cook 5 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.  Add orange juice and wine (or chicken broth); bring to a boil.

Reduce heat on chicken to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes stirring often.  Meanwhile, chop rosemary

Add syrup and rosemary to chicken; cook 3-4 minutes, turning chicken to coat with sauce, or until chicken is 165F.  Slice chicken (optional) and serve.

Recipe Source: http://www.publix.com/recipes-planning/aprons-simple-meals/rosemary-orange-chicken-with-glazed-sweet-potato-puffs

No comments:

Post a Comment