Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Olive Garden Italian Salad Dressing

I am an unapologetic lover of Olive Garden's all-you-can-eat salad.  With a few ingredient changes for my preference.  Whenever we go, I always like to go while the lunch menu is still in effect so I can get the soup and salad.

I've tried a couple of copycat recipes for their salad dressing, but I gotta tell you, this come the closest.

My ingredient changes:  I prefer romaine lettuce to their iceberg.  Grape tomatoes. Banana pepper rings to their pepperoncini peppers.  And I make my own croutons (I use Panera Bread's bagels, cubed, drizzled with EVOO and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and garlic salt, baked at 325F for 20-25 minutes, stirring once).  Add some black olives, red onions,  and shredded Parmesan cheese and then this wonderful dressing.

OLIVE GARDEN ITALIAN SALAD DRESSING (makes about 6 oz/1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp)

1/2 cup mayo
3-5 Tbsp distilled white vinegar (to taste....I used 3 Tbsp)
1 tsp canola oil
2 Tbsp honey or corn syrup
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp freshly minced garlic
1/2 heaping tsp dried Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 Tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice

Mix ingredients in a blender, adjusting vinegar to taste.  If it's still too tart, add a bit more corn syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment