Friday, March 23, 2012

Tilapia Scaloppine


I feel so badly neglecting this little blog of mine of late.  Our Spot Girl is still recovering....her biopsy came back benign, but she's having a tough time getting her appetite back.  We are cautiously optimistic that she'll get back to her old self soon. 

I've missed posting some wonderful recipes for you but hope to get back on track soon.  Tonight I decided I was in the mood for fish and fell back on my FAVORITE, "Swai."  I had some mushrooms on hand so I did a search on www.allrecipes.com and put in a search for the ingredients "tilapia" and "mushrooms" and came up with this winner.  Since you can't find many recipes using "Swai," tilapia is the closest substitute I can find.  I can still smell the garlic in my house, which is music to my nose!  A wonderfully delicious, quick, and easy entree to make.  I served it with steamed brown rice and edamame in the shell.  

TILAPIA SCALOPPINE (serves 4)

2 Tbsp EVOO
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 pound tilapia (or swai) fillets
S&P to taste
1/2 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms
2 Tbsp drained capers
1/2 cup white wine
1 lemon, juiced

Heat olive oil with butter in a skillet over medium heat.  Stir in the garlic.  Place fish fillets in the skillet; sprinkle the fish w/S&P and cook for 90 seconds.  Turn the fish; season w/S&P.  Cook an additional 90 seconds.

Add the mushrooms, caper, and wine.  Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the wine is reduced by half, 6-7 minutes.  Remove the cover, pour in the lemon juice, and cook for one more minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment