Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 19th, 1995 9:02 a.m.


It's so hard to believe it's been 17 years.  I will never forget the last time I saw my brother:  I had had car trouble and Paul let me use his car on April 18th.  I got home from work, returned his car and then Mom and Dad came by and dropped off dinner for Paul and myself (Paul and I lived just a few blocks apart):  pinto beans and cornbread!  It was a lovely evening and the morning I left for work on the 19th it was a beautiful spring day.  I live with it everyday and will never forget 9:02 a.m.  We waited eight days for my sweet brother's body to be recovered.

The senseless loss of my brother changed my life and my family.  It lives with me everyday.  Thank you for taking a minute for looking at the website:  http://www.oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org   And if you're ever in OKC, please make a point to stop in at the museum....it is riveting.

I miss you, Paul.  More than you'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment