Sunday, April 29, 2012

Grilled Pizza


I have read about grilled pizza for years but had never tried it.  I have a great aversion to anything containing yeast.  I accept it.  I am not a baker.  I am a cook.  Yeast scares me.  It never turns out.  But my neighborhood grocery store (Publix) carries pizza dough.  Ready made.  Ready to go.  Ready for me!!!!  I don't have to mess with making it myself.

Well, I gotta tell ya!!!!  This stuff is GOOD.  There is no recipe.  Just a suggestion.  As my sweet husband knows, my favorite pizza has LOADS of onions on it.  This is so simple.  Get yourself some pizza dough (make it yourself if you're brave enough, or be a sissy like me and buy it pre-made).  Turn your grill on high and spray it with grill "PAM" spray (I used EVOO one time...DO NOT do this....at least not if you're using an electric grill...It will give the crust a burnt taste)..  Cook it for 2 minutes on one side, turn the dough and then brush it with a bit of olive oil, then brush on a bit of marinara sauce (I used jarred marinara sauce), and your choice of toppings.  I love onions and tomatoes, then mozzarella cheese and top with fresh basil from my herb garden, lovingly tended by my sweetheart!  Cook until the cheese is melted and the crust looks golden.  Absolutely delish!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment