Saturday, September 7, 2013

Chicken Caesar Caprese Salad


I ran across a recipe a week or two ago for a take on the traditional Caprese Salad, one of my summer favorites.   However, I could not find the recipe so I just had to wing it.  This is a really quick and absolutely delicious light summer entree salad requiring just a handful of ingredients.

No ingredient amounts here......use whatever amount you'd like.

Chopped romaine lettuce
fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
summer tomatoes, diced, or grape tomatoes, halved
fresh mozzarella (I used the small "mozzarella pearls")
diced chicken
good quality EVOO (my favorite brand is "Laudemio")
balsamic glaze (or good quality balsamic vinegar)

Mix chopped romaine and basil.  Place on serving plates.  Top with mozzarella and tomatoes.  Drizzle with thin ribbons of olive oil and balsamic glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment