Saturday, January 4, 2014

Orzo Ham Salad


THIS IS SO GOOD!!!  Maybe it was just the right salad at the right time, but for me...this hit the spot.  So good, in fact, that I'm making a second batch.

Maybe it is the difference in the dressing.....I'm so use to a vinaigrette-type dressing on a pasta salad (which I do love), but the mustard in this mayo/sour cream really adds a bit of sharpness.  Delicious!  This recipe calls for grape tomatoes, but as I tasted the salad before I got to that point of ingredients,  I just stopped.  So glad I have more leftover ham!

ORZO HAM SALAD (6 servings)

2/3 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
1/2 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups fully cooked ham, chopped
3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved

Bring a pan of water to a boil.  Add orzo.  Cooked until al dente, start checking at about 7-8 minutes (may take 10-11 minutes to cook).  Drain.

Whisk mayo, sour cream, vinegar, mustards, chives, sugar, and S&P.

Combine cooked orzo, ham, onion, pepper, and tomatoes.  Add dressing and mix until combined.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Recipe Source:  www.allrecipes.com



No comments:

Post a Comment