Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mediterranean Fish


This is my most remarkable creation!  With a bit of help from the cashier at Earth Fare, I came up with this absolutely delicious dish.

I had picked up my favorite Castelvetrano olives (those bright green ones) when the cashier mentioned they were also her favorites.  I've always bought them just to snack on, but she told me she would use them when cooking with fish or chicken.  So going by what she told me, I decided to make a few changes and try it on my own.  And didn't it turn out pretty?

MEDITERRANEAN FISH (2 servings)

2 Tbsp EVOO
2 (4-6 oz) mild white fish like tilapia or swai
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup sliced mushrooms (6-8 button mushrooms)
12 grape tomatoes, halved
12 oil-cured olives, chopped
12 Castelvetrano olives, chopped
Feta cheese crumbles, optional

Heat saute pan.  Add olive oil.  Add onion and mushroom, saute until almost softened.  Add garlic.  Cook 1 minute.  Add fish fillets.  Turn when halfway cooked.  When fish is just about done, add green and black olives and tomatoes just long enough to heat through.  Sprinkle with feta cheese if using.

No comments:

Post a Comment