Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Arugula Mushroom Salad



OK, this is a simple green salad.  So why post it?  Because the simplicity and incredible ingredients make this one extra special.

The original recipe calls for using all arugula.  The first time I made it that is what I used, but it was a bit overwhelming for me.  I adore arugula, but a little goes a long, long way.  So this time I cut it with mixed greens.  Then just add red pepper strips, mushrooms, and macadamias (macadamias???!!!  Oh! Manna from heaven!)  Lastly is this lucious Goddess Dressing.  Now this may not be in your area, but basically it's an Asian-inspired salad dressing with a strong taste of sesame oil.  I found it in the all-natural section of my local Publix, you could probably find it, or something very close, in a Whole Foods/Trader Joe's type of market.

ARUGULA MUSHROOM SALAD (4 servings)

1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
8 oz button or baby portabella mushrooms, sliced, quartered, or halved
4-5 oz arugula or arugula/spring mix mixture
1/4 cup macadamia nuts
Goddess dressing, to taste

Mix salad ingredients together.  Add desired amount of dressing, toss and serve.

Recipe Source: www.publix.com/aprons

No comments:

Post a Comment