Thursday, December 18, 2014

Taylor Farms World Famous Salad

Regional  grocery store deli-salads have generally, no....make that never, appealed to me (whole food stores are absolutely different...theirs are innovative, fresh, and you can pronounce all of the ingredients).  But I few weeks ago I was at my local Bi-Lo and the cole slaw caught my eye so I picked it up.  I have never, ever, ever had a good cole slaw from a grocery store deli.   So I was surprised that next time I was in, I took a look in their deli case and turns out they had several new salads.

I saw this broccoli-based salad and decided to pick up a small container of it.   Couldn't believe it!  Two in a row (and there are several more to try).  I've made broccoli with bacon, but salami had never entered my mind.  Their salad dressing looked to be mayo-based, but it wasn't.  I let my sample sit for a day to allow the flavors to meld, but it never did develop that creamy look to it so I ended up adding a Tbsp of mayo just for color.



Since this was my sample batch, I forgot to measure just how much this made, but I'm going to guess at about 4 side salads.

TAYLOR FARMS WORLD FAMOUS SALAD (makes 4 side salads?)

Dressing:
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp corn syrup
1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 Tbsp distilled vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed or very finely minced

Salad:
8 oz broccoli florets (1 medium head of broccoli crowns)
1 each mini peppers: red, orange, and yellow, sliced into rings 
1/4 cup red or green cabbage, chopped
1/4 cup carrots, cut matchstick-style (about 3 baby carrots)
3-4 oz thin-sliced salami (hard or genoa), about 5 thin slices
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp mayo, optional

Whisk dressing ingredients until emulsified.

Mix salad ingredient and then toss with with dressing.  Let sit at least several hours.  Add mayo at the end if you like.

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a recipe ever since they discontinued this salad supplier in 2018. The dressing was the best part! I may try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone out there my name is Roland Ben,am here to tell the world how i become a member of this great illuminati brotherhood,it has always be my dream of becoming a member,because i have waste a lot of money to the wrong people who claims to be an agents of the illuminati.IF YOU WANTS TO JOIN ILLUMINATE BROTHER HOOD MAKE SURE YOU'RE LOYAL AND SERIOUS MINDED INDIVIDUAL.
    I wanna give a concise testimony of how I became rich and famous
    Read and pay keen interest...
    We all underestimate the opportunity that comes across us in life, waking up to see a testimony like this is a blessing no man can pay for. Ten years ago, I feed from hand to mouth but today am a bonafide member of ILLUMINATE BROTHER HOOD, it's a dream come true. Back before I got initiated, I have always been curious to join the hood until I came across a testimony online about the illuminate and I decided to make a bold step by following its instructions, lol and behold am a proud member of the hood and ready to help whosoever that's willing to join the hood.
    Before I left you with the link , let me quickly drop you a tips of your benefits as a new member of the hood. Regardless of your professions, the hood will stand firm and support you with it, all that is expected of you, is your loyalty.
    And after your initiation, you will be awarded immediately with your benefits such as you desired, that's is to say , the illuminate hood gives benefits according to your wish and desires.
    As a matter of fact, the hood always welcome, serious and loyal new members that wants to join. So therefore, make sure you're interested before you emails us at initiationchurchofpower@gmail.com but you can still call the office line on or Whatsapp +13019692020 for further information.it is free to join

    ReplyDelete