Saturday, December 5, 2015

Indonesian Chicken


I have about half a dozen recipes I wanted to post but I can't remember where I got them!  So I hoping, like this one, the light over my head comes on and I can share them with you.

I search of those others, I found this one I did several weeks ago.  It's a wonderful stir-fry in which you could substitute other veggies (broccoli, zucchini, peppers) and maybe even doubling the sauce (a comment one user made which I will do next time.....a reason I love allrecipes.com and also their magazine.....readers give those of us who aren't very creative some great alternatives).  And their photos are much better than mine (see link below!)

INDONESIAN CHICKEN (4 servings)

1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
2 cups water
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
2 tsp EVOO
3/4 cup chicken stock or broth
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (I used crunchy)
2 tsp honey
1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp red chile paste, such as Srichacha sauce, more or less to taste
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp chopped peanuts

Bring rice and water to a boil in a pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.

Steam green beans in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over boiling-hot water until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes (I used my microwave steamer).

Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with salt.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then cook chicken, stirring, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.  Transfer to a bowl.

Add broth, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, chile paste, and lemon juice to skillet, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.  Stir in chicken (along with any juices accumulated in the bowl and green beans.  Serve over rice.  Sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.

Recipe Source: http://allrecipes.com/search/results/?wt=erins%20indonesian%20chicken&sort=re

No comments:

Post a Comment