Monday, December 28, 2015

Midnight Cuban Sandwich


Still working on using up that Christmas ham (and some leftover Thanksgiving turkey in the freezer), I came upon this take on a traditional Cuban sandwich.  So easy and oh so good!

For exact amounts of what the author used for four servings, see the link below.  I simply bought one hoagie roll which I cut in half for two sandwiches (Publix has the best back in their deli) and then made the mayo mixture with the ratio I list.  Spread on some mustard then the meats and cheese.  I served my pickles on the side, serving both hamburger chips and bread-and-butter chips (both were great).

I don't have a panini maker, so I used a grill pan and sat a cast-iron cornbread stick pan to weigh the sandwich down.  Grill it on a medium/medium-high heat for a few minutes on each side until browned and cheese is melted.  Yumm-o!!!

MIDNIGHT CUBAN SANDWICH

Hoagie roll(s)
2 parts mayo to 1 part Italian dressing
yellow mustard
sliced ham
sliced turkey
sliced pickles of your choice
EVOO

Mix the mayo and Italian dressing.  Open up the hoagie roll.  Spread on the mayo mixture, then the mustard.  Layer the meats and cheese.  Top with pickles.

Brush olive oil on the outside of the roll.  Place in panini maker or grill pan (weigh down with something heavy) and grill until marks are on bread and cheese is melted.

Recipe Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/38466/cuban-midnight-sandwich/

No comments:

Post a Comment