Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chicken Salad with Grapes

OK, I'm sure you've all made this salad before.  But I had to post this just in case you hadn't, or had just forgotten about it, I had to post this one.

I found some chopped up chicken in the freezer from several months ago and since I'm, again, on a mission to try to use up stuff in the freezer, I pulled this out.  There wasn't much, about a cup.  I used some in Teriyaki Fried Rice (see 12/29/10) last night so thought I'd just mix up some chicken salad.  I don't know why this was just so good this afternoon, but it was!  The chicken was exceptionally tasty (I think I had probably made some stock: onions, carrots, celery, herbs, with the whole chicken) and had a great texture (freezing too long, well, you know....it can get kinda rubbery).

So, I just cut some red grapes in half, minced some onion and celery, and finely chopped some pecans.  I didn't feel like going out to the garage to get the mayo, so I had just added some Buttermilk Dressing (see January).  So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment