Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Orange Blazed Bundt Cake

Easy-peasy!  Great basic coffee cake to make for yourself or someone else.  I made this for Jim's office.  However, if I were making it for myself I would lighten it up a bit by substituting Egg Beaters (1 cup) for the 4 eggs, and I would use 1/2 cup applesauce and 1/4 cup oil, plus I would use light sour cream.  I would also only use half of the powdered sugar for the glaze.  Still moist and tasty.

ORANGE GLAZED BUNDT CAKE

1 package yellow cake mix
1 small instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2-1 tsp orange zest (optional)

GLAZE

1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2-4 Tbsp orange juice
1/2-1 tsp orange zest (optional)

Beat all ingredients until light and fluffy.  Pour into a well greased and floured bundt pan (I use the Baker's Cooking Spray which has oil and flour and it works great for me).  Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes (mine came out fine at 45 minutes).  When toothpick comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs sticking to it, it is done. 

Let cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.  Cool completely before drizzling whisked glaze over.

No comments:

Post a Comment