Monday, June 6, 2011

Royal Wedding Gifts!

OK, once again not the best photo, but I just had to share what my friend Donna sent me for my birthday gift.  I simply could not believe what showed up in the mail on Saturday!  Donna flies internationally with American Airlines and guess where she was on April 29th, the date of the Royal Wedding?  LONDON!  I remember when Charles and Diana got married and apparently the big souvenir item was, get ready.....Tea Towels!  I thought that was such a hoot, so I asked her to pick up a few for me.  And, as usual, Donna didn't stop there.  So here's a list of my bounty:

2 crystal high-ball glass with 24 carat gold embossed "William and Kate" with the royal crest and wedding date
the most gorgeous beveled paperweight, also with W&K, crest, date.  It is stunning.
The Official Programme from the wedding
Pitkin Guide W&K Royal Souvenir book
beautifully embossed Christmas ornament
key chain with a photo of the couple
frig magnent with photo
three tea towels (two for sharing......HAH!!!)
three newspapers...I hadn't even thought of that!  And there so cool.  Two are from that morning (The Times and the Daily Mail), and then at 2:30 (the ceremony was at 11 a.m.) the London Evening Standard released the first paper showing the newlyweds!  Donna said when she got it the ink was still wet. 

She said it was so amazing to be there that day and I cannot thank her enough for the incredibly wonderful gifts she sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment