Sunday, July 24, 2011

Crab with Vegetables


This was a demo dish at Central Market in Dallas (Southlake) when we flew in last weekend.  I'm a sucker for demo dishes.....I always buy what they're selling and end up making it.  This is such a simple dish using either a red curry (a bit spicier) or yellow curry (a bit milder) sauce.  They're really close and even for those of us a bit more sensitive to heat, I think you'd be okay with either one.  I'm sure there's a recipe for a basic curry sauce you could substitute....this is simply my plug for Central Market (www.centralmarket.com)!

CRAB WITH VEGETABLES (serves 4)

1 lb crab claw meat
1/2 green bell pepper, medium dice
1/2 medium onion, medium dice
1 cup diced pineapples (I used canned Chunk Pineapples, then quartered them)
Kent Rathbun's Elements Red or Yellow Curry Sauce, to taste
1-2 Tbsp canola oil
Cook jasmine or basmati rice

Preheat your grill or skillet to a medium high heat.  Add your cooking oil then the vegetables with fruit and saute until golden brown on the edges.  Add the crab meat and the sauce and simmer together for about 5 minutes.  Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment